Sunday, May 12, 2013

Logo Design (Blogging Assignment No. 4)

MY LOGO DESIGNS


 Lettermark Logo

As you see, my logo contains two letters which are "M" and "D". These letters stands for my name which is "Margaret Dugenia" I think the stroke in my logo is very obvious and needs to lessen the stroke's size or lessen the opacity of it. I used the brush tool in creating this logo.

 Wordmark Logo

At first, my wordmark design was only my name. But I was not contented in the result of it so I think about what theme or kind of logo I will gonna create. Until I came to an idea to design about fashion since I like watching collection of nice gowns and sometimes illustrating them. Using text tool was commonly used in this logo. Duplicating some words to be their highlight in the back and changing its color and opacity.




 Combinationmark Logo

In my third logo design, I mixed up some ideas in my first two logos. As you see in the left corner, I got it from my first design and change its color. But I did not duplicate it using the first design I only duplicate or get the idea on the first design. And the design "Fashion", I got it on my second design. I used brush tool in creating this logo.


What Did I Learn?

In this activity, I have a difficulty in getting an idea. For me, it is better that before you make a certain design especially your own design you should think of a theme to what your design is all about then sketch it. But in this case, I first make the design in the illustrator before sketching it because there was no idea coming up in my mind when I was creating my logo designs, which is wrong but not wrong literally. It's up to you if you want to sketch it or not. But my ITMM teacher told us that it is important to sketch it first so that it won't be a waste of time. I also learned the steps of creating a logo which my favorite step is the fifth step stating "Seek an inspiration".

No comments:

Post a Comment